Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"It is easier to believe than to doubt." ~E.D. Martin

"It is easier to believe than to doubt."  ~E.D. Martin

I'm hoping you all had a great Easter weekend filled with lots of the special goodness you love. I've been so crazy-busy here that I've just had no time for anything. Sometimes I have to wonder how I ever kept up with so much for so long....it's really a mystery! I need to catch up on my 52 week self portrait project - actually I have taken two of the three selfies I've missed, but just not prepared them for upload yet. My mind seems to be racing in a million different directions lately and I just can't seem to get a hold on myself. I'm feeling very unproductive and unorganized.

...nature's easter eggs...

As I sit here, typing this out, I have to wonder if the key to it all is balance? I used to make myself participate in my hobbies every day, if only for a few minutes. I'd take time to capture a shot of the kids or something else memorable from the day and I'd jot down my thoughts about it in journal or blog form and I'd make sure to spend time posting the entry. I'd take time for sewing and drawing, and other crafty ventures, too. For the past four to six months I can't say the same. There are many days that go by with me taking absolutely no time for the things I really love to do. I won't pick up my camera except on the days when I have to for something specific, I haven't been spending much time with photo editing, I've done practically no sewing or crafty stuff and very little writing lately.

All this makes me wonder if keeping things in balance, the good and the bad, the work and the play, the have-to's and the hobbies....is that the key to happiness in our everyday lives? Taking care of a house and family and home/un schooling the kids is such a daunting task, but maybe it's true that a little too much work and not enough play is bad for us. Maybe I need to remember to play just a bit more, and not forgetting some of the things that I love so much, the things that somehow manage to keep me feeling sane in such a crazy world.

No comments: