Tuesday, May 25, 2010

just thinking today...

just be.

  • my cup of coffee this morning was sooo good.
  • emma woke me at 3am because of a bad dream and just that one interruption in sleep made me wonder how in the world i did that night after night for umm...over eight years!  wow.  
  • isaac prepared dinner for us last night from my (now) favorite cookbook, Stir-Fried Summer Vegetables with Mediterranean Flavors.  it was so delicious with a side of fresh-from-the-garden romaine lettuce and a scoop of fusili pasta. he did a perfect job with it.
  • the sun is shining and the humidity is high....summer has most definitely arrived. phew!
  • today i have lots of laundry to do.  oh my...lots!
  • we've been studying Thailand recently and we're ready for a big Thai feast, however my city doesn't know what spring roll wrappers are...miso either.  i'm going to head out and hit a local asian grocery store to see if i can get lucky.  if not, i'll have to resort to my ever-faithful amazon.
  • i'm eagerly awaiting my new computer.  i cannot tell you how excited i am to have this new machine heading my direction.  my old computer is great, but for photo editing and storage, it is not very efficient.  the poor girl is almost nine years old and she was a beast of a machine in her time, however the beast that is on it's way to me now....well, it has me drooling with what i know it can hold and handle!  lightroom here i come!
  • i enjoyed my time yesterday shopping alone...i have to send my awesome mom a big, huge thank you, for always watching my kids, week to week, for me to have time alone to shop for our groceries.  yesterday i took a few minutes and brought my journal and a couple of books to starbucks.  and while i sipped on my grande mocha frappuccino with extra coffee and no cream (LOL!),  i jotted down some ingredients to add to my shopping list, did some journal-ing,  and read a chapter from a new book i picked up at the library.  it felt great to take a time-out with just me, not scurrying around as fast as i can trying to get home in record time.  i'll have to remind myself to do that more often.
  • i'm also thinking about my failure at my big 52 week self-portrait project.  yep.  i quit...although i feel it's just a temporary lapse and i'm hoping to catch up.  this has proven to be quite the challenge this time around.  sometimes,  i'll admit it, i just can't stand seeing myself in those photos and i'll just archive them until i think i can do it. i know that self-acceptance is the main reason for doing this project, but sometimes those old demons come for a visit, you know.  i'm hoping to get myself straightened out with this project really soon. 
  • sometimes life can resemble a big, jumbled mess, right?  but jotting things down in a journal or on a blog can do wonders for putting things back into perspective.  shining light on what's really important and peacefully letting go of what is not.  


i hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the week!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I hope you have a great remainder of the wwek. =) I love reading your updates...and I am SO with you on your last point!

radiantreflections said...

i love that the tags to this post is "real life" :o) And, i love this post - how exciting about your new computer! and, im pleased you got some you time yesterday!
x

Amy ♥ DailyPleasures said...

So would you be surprised if I showed up to meet you at Starbucks with my journal under my arm? Wouldn't that be fun?
My brother and sister-in-law are missionaries to Thailand with their seven children. How neat that you are studying that right now. They are in Bangkok where all the rebellions are taking place, but the Lord has kept them safe.
Just wondering if you may have seen this link before, but if not... http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/2010/05/making-spring-rolls-with-children.html