Thursday, May 20, 2010

pizza night!

 
05 20 10 005
 
05 20 10 018

The kids have been begging for a pizza night and tonight we had just that.
I used a recipe from A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen and I have to say that it is by far my favorite homemade pizza dough recipe.  So simple to make, a couple of hours to let the yeast do its thing, then pile it high with all the good stuff.  The kids, of course, chose sauce, pepperoni and cheese for theirs, but I chose to make mine by brushing the crust with olive oil, piling high with fresh tomatoes, basil leaves, onions, peppers and shiitake mushrooms, then just a small sprinkling of mozzarella and asiago cheeses.

The end result was just SO good.  Now my hubby is outside making homemade peach ice cream with the kids.  So, until they devour all that yummy, tempting ice cream, I think I'll just stay inside.  Or, better yet, maybe I'll grab my iPod and go for a walk.  That sounds like the best thing to do.

Ice cream = out of sight, out of mind!  :)

1 comment:

Amy ♥ DailyPleasures said...

Not sure if you saw my post yet or not, but you have inspired me yet again! http://dailypleasures.blogspot.com/2010/05/inspired-by.html