Monday, September 20, 2010

daybook





Outside my window... sunshine, heat, and dryness...I've almost forgotten that it's September.

I am thankful for...4 wonderful souls to call my children

From the learning rooms... math, English, writing styles, and reading...along with a trip to the library today

From the kitchen... yesterday was scalloped potatoes - hadn't had those in ages...they were SO good!

I am wearing...denim capris and my retro-look red and white plaid button-down

I am creating...a new bedroom for my girls.  a fresh coat of paint, new comforter sets, and the cutest owls ever!

I am going... to enjoy a lazy evening after my crazy-busy day today.

I am reading...the very last few pages of Mockingjay.  It seems to have taken me forever to get through this one.  Between the animals and the kids I can only sneak in a few pages at a time!

I am hoping...that cool weather hurries along.  I'm ready to put on my cozy sweaters and sit by a fire.

I am hearing...the ever-fabulous John Mayer singing Stop This Train.

Around the house...laundry is calling my name - actually, I mean screaming my name.  uggh.

One of my favorite things... leftovers for dinner.  on Mondays.  so perfect.

A few plans for the rest of the week....lessons with the kids, laundry, dog-training, and hopefully hitting an antique store or two with my mom.



More of The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Amy ♥ DailyPleasures said...

Just left your blog, but had to come back because I followed a link from somewhere else and found these: http://www.etsy.com/shop/aprilfoss
They looked like something you could whip up in a jiffy and oh, so cute for your girlies' room.

radiantreflections said...

mmm, i love scalloped potatoes! we haven't had them in a long time too, might have to put that on the shopping list this week! and i can't wait to see some shots of your girls new bedroom!