Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day One

1:365

project 365.
i'm putting my name in the hat.
i know it's a tough journey
but i think i'm up for it.
i know there are bound to be many days
when i'm not going to feel like it, i'm not going to be in the mood for it,
i'm not going to feel inspired, i'm going to be sick of it.
but, the truth is, i'm here most days anyway
and i have my camera with me every day,
and i love the rhythm and habit of recording my daily life.
my love of photography has also seemed to settle on the style that
fits me best, the style that makes my heart happy,
the style that stirs inspiration within me - the every day.  the tiny
pieces of daily life that are so easy to overlook unless i'm
being very careful to practice mindfulness.  so this year,
as i focus on being mindful, as i look for the beauty in the
simplicity of daily life and life's moments, as i practice my
hand at more and more film shots, steering toward
better photography skills and much less editing, i hope to
find myself here each day, sharing it with you.

so, happy 2011!
i'm really looking forward to the beauty this year has to offer.
besides, with a starting date like 1/1/11, this year is holding the promise of great things!

3 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Yay! I'm glad you're doing a 365! Having done it several times before, and knowing that at some point you will question your decision, makes choosing to do it that much harder...yet all the more rewarding! I have teamed up with a friend this time to hopefully keep me on track. Hopefully a 365 partner will challenge me & inspire me. Anyways, I'm rambling...
Check out our 365 blog:
www.removeyourlenscap.com

justine said...

good luck with your 365, you will do it so brilliantly. I love your previous photograph as well as this one.

Sharon Crawford Kaldor said...

You have been one of my inspirations! Film photography is beyond me and those you do it have my utmost respect and admiration. I love your daily life shots... Love you loads!