Thursday, February 17, 2011

Six, Sun, Seventies....

This first series of shots is from today....so much good, warming sunshine was found everywhere...


morning

Morning breakfast...
followed quickly by open windows
and chirping birds and gentle breezes
and the sound of the outdoors calling my name.
It was in the mid-seventies here today!

.


..


Morning game-play...I do love this game...


the beginning


Planting the garden (!!!) lots of little cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and collard plants along with
turnip, kale, and green onion seeds.  I cannot wait to harvest these in a couple of months.


rows






Look at that sunshine!  I can't even tell you how happy I have been to see this
for the last couple of days.  We have been outside in the dirt for two days straight.
We just couldn't help ourselves from enjoying every second of this reprieve from
old man winter's grasp.


.


Kids in tee shirts and shorts and bare feet,
running all over the place.

I'd say it brings out the best in them :)

....


The chickens have pecked and burrowed themselves into the dirt and stretched out in the sunshine...






The skies have been an amazing blue without a cloud in sight, showing off the buds
that knew well before us that these days were coming.


I'm listening to this song today. A little strange for me since I don't listen to much
country music.  I'm thinking it must be the weather...and the memories this one calls forth.
Yep, I'm loving it. 

Beauty has been abundant this week and I am so thankful for every second of it.
this afternoon 49:365





***********

This series of shots is from earlier in the week, part of my project 365.



from a Valentine's play date/party at the park...I caught the girls taking a break together.  sweetness.

g i r l s




From Tuesday...Claire's sixth birthday.  She had a wonderful party
and was so happy with her cake and gifts.


47:365





From Wednesday...the day-after party for Claire.  A little group of us got together at the
Mexican restaurant and let the waiters sing happy birthday to her...so funny!  I need
to say that she was crazy-embarrassed...although she had mentioned quite a few times
how she'd like to have that done for her birthday one of these years.  :)


day after the birthday....


....




I hope your week has been a good one and
that you've been able to find
a little warmth, too.

3 comments:

radiantreflections said...

beautiful images, Sandra!
it looks like it was a wonderful day, and week.
And Happy Birthday to Claire! We were on holiday in Fiji when i had my 16th birthday ... the waiters sung happy birthday to me in fijian :o)
xo

Li + Belle said...

this are wonderful, happy photos.

Sarah Halstead said...

Wonderful photos. Love them!