Thursday, May 26, 2011

flowers and a day out

sunshine and blues


These last few days have been busy doing school work with the kids, starting a new book with the boys, and doing lots and lots of art work because I'm just craving it...every ounce.  I've gone over just a few of the photos I took last week when we went to a cut-flower farm.  There were lots of beautiful, long stemmed flowers just waiting to be bundled up for market.  I loved these blue ones...such a pretty color.



sunshine and blues







On that same day we also ended up at a local resource center, visiting their museum and having a good long walk and a picnic.  It was the very last "cool" day we expect to have this year.  It was beautiful.


half of us





I'm loving the girls' new summer hairstyles...so easily managed and so stinkin' cute. 








After we left the car out in the parking lot and got inside the museum, I realized that I had not charged my battery on my dslr....so, most of the day was shot with my old Minolta XG-1 film camera, using Kodak NC400 film.  The shots inside the building were great, the ones I had to take outside weren't the best
since that particular speed was a bit too much for the sunny conditions.  I'm still sorting the photos from that day, so there will be more to come as I get time to get them uploaded.  There are still some really pretty flower farm shots and some cute kids-climbing-the-trees shots, too.  :)




a walk

1 comment:

♥ Amy ♥ said...

Beautiful flower pictures, Sandra, and your girl is so stinkin' cute! :)
I am so interested in hearing about your art course. It was tempting, but not practical for me at this point in my life. If you're feeling the urge to spill out your excitement and you want to share some pics of your work, you could email this very interested friend. :)
Love, Amy - yes, I changed my siggy since I went private