Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{not} catching up

green.


phew.
life really has a way of taking over.
or so it seems.

i've really not been picking up my camera
much these last couple of weeks.
things are still happening, and i'm still
in the moment, but sometimes it just feels
better to Be in the moment instead
of looking at every thing through the lens.
sometimes a break is in order so that
i can refocus on those important things
and breathe in the moment before me.



{not} catching up


this week:

airplane show with the kids
baking bread and making tortillas
finding new recipes to try
thinking a lot about healthy food choices
thinking a whole lot about making a healthy food blog
     to share recipes i find, those recipes that i create, some inspiration for myself,
     and my food photography...
clipping a few coupons
letting go of a particular project i started at the new year and feeling totally okay with the decision
reading books for myself and some with the kids
looking for "older-boy" style books for my almost 13 year olds 
eating picnic-style with the best neighbors ever...twice
being surprised with a great gift from my neighbors
a lovely, low-key mother's day spent with my  mom
the kids giving me the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice - the very best ever
the kids swimming the afternoons away
list-making
music-listening
my girls getting a summertime haircut...a cute little swinging bob.
prayers said for sick family and friends
i even found time to sneak in a monster-migraine yesterday, the worst in years, but on the bright side
     it forced me to catch up on some sleep that i have been lacking in a major way lately, leaving
     me feeling quite good today.

3 comments:

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

okay, i'm tired just reading that list. you are one busy and loving momma. xo, sandra.

i'm so sorry to hear of your migraine, but you found a positive in it, so ... there you go. big hugs, my friend!

justine said...

wow you have been busy! great you are ok with your decision to finish your 365, it can be a real burden can't it? sorry about your migraine, hope you are feeling better.

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

glad you came to terms with letting some things go...it's hard to do, but sometimes so necessary!!!
www.removeyourlenscap.com