Saturday, June 18, 2011

for Char...

Yesterday I received the sad news that a good blogging/Flickr friend had suddenly and unexpectedly passed away.  The news saddened me...absolutely breaking my heart.  It brought home the fact that life is indeed too short and every moment matters and every life that touches another has so much more impact than we realize.


golden

It also makes me realize that we should all be more generous with "I love you..." and "You're a great friend..." and "You are important to me..."  I wish I could let her know that even though we could never quite arrange a proper meet-up, she was indeed a good friend and an inspiration in so many ways.  Because she was.  I will miss her dearly.

As I sit here this afternoon, I'll honor her by having a cookie or two....as she always said, "Life is too short, eat cookies."  So true, it is. The comfort comes in knowing that she is in peace, in the place of her dreams.   Rest in peace, dear Char.

No comments: