Saturday, July 2, 2011

time



I'm wishing lately
that time would stand still
if but for a short time

Or at least slow down a bit.

These summer days are aways
hectic.  They've also been sooo
hot and humid, reminding me
exactly why summer is my least
favorite season.  They've been
full of school lessons, kids playing,
movie watching, grass cutting,
fort building, s'more making,
iced coffee drinking,
watermelons and swimming.

There are mentions of upcoming
birthday wishes from my boys and an
upcoming anniversary for D and me
and whispers of where we may
wander on our stay-cation...after
regular schools resume, of course.

This Independence Day weekend
holds a couple of invites for us so
we'll pack up the swimsuits and the
ice chest along with a banana pudding
and baked beans.  It's sure to be
a good time.

Happy 4th!

1 comment:

justine said...

I love the simplicity of this shot, hope you are having a great 4th July.