- the days have been busy, the calendar is full
- all the busyness has made these first two weeks of August pass by in a blur....and that's good.
- August is my least favorite month of the year...usually lingering entirely too long with it's heat and general icky feeling.
- the boys will start playing their basketball games next week and couldn't be more excited.
- the girls are begging for gymnastics lessons, but they're pricey, so I'm hoping that I'll come up with a creative way to entice them to choose The Young Runner's Club instead since it's much more affordable.
- public schools will be in session once again next week....private schools have already begun.
- we homeschoolers are finally taking our break this month...a little vacation or, stay-cation, rather...but it really doesn't matter how far you go when you're talking about a a few days away at a waterfront house, lots of fishing and biking, and relaxation.
- I need to spend some time ordering new math curriculum and getting registered for this upcoming school year
- I need to back up my iTunes library, copy some home movies onto dvd, clean out my photoshop files....why are these things SO hard to get in the mood to do?
- I need to do some fall cleaning....washing curtains and blinds and windows, cleaning my bedroom carpet, painting the boys' bedroom and hall bathroom....this list could grow very quickly.
- I need, I need, I need.....
But....today I'm going to:
- make scrapbooks with the girls
- read books with them
- listen to the boys practice guitar
- do something in my art journal
- write in my journal
- drink coffee
- take pictures
- load some film in my old Minolta
- cook something delicious
- wait for my hubby to get home from work...I miss him when he's gone
- then we'll all play Phase 10
- and laugh some more
- and enjoy our time together.