Saturday, August 6, 2011

I took a walk....

afternoon light

...with my camera.
I hate to admit it, but it's the
first time I've taken her out in
a long time. 




Since the yard is blooming mushrooms at a
steady pace, I thought that should be
where I begin shooting again.







I've been taking things slow lately, honestly feeling
burned out from so many angles.  I've been spending
less time online and taking care of myself more.
I've been enjoying the sunshine and light of summer
while at the same time I'm in no way enjoying the heat.
I've read some books, thumbed through some
magazines, and watched a few good movies.








looking up


I forget sometimes how much I love taking photos.
I love the way things look through the lens, the way
the world opens up in front of me, allowing me to see
things from the heart.


08 05 11_2413


peeking out


I love the way I notice, with my camera in hand,
the details of the little things I normally overlook
as I rush around letting each day slip by with
hardly a passing thought.  Some days, weeks,
and months even, can be like that....nearly unnoticed.


08 05 11_2415


green


I don't like being in that state of not-noticing.  I don't like missing the little things
and not trying to capture at least a small moment of each day I've been
given.  I'm trying to come at this anew, from a burned out perspective, shooting
the things I love, processing in whichever way suits my mood at the time,  be it
digital or film, color, black and white, photoshopped or straight out of the camera.
I just want to do what feels right to me, in the moment, for the love of the image
my mind and heart sees.



summer afternoons

1 comment:

radiantreflections said...

Oh Sandra, until lately i was in the same boat. social media burn-out, internet burn-out, computer burn-out, life was burning me out. but i have recently picked up the camera again, and oh my, i forgot how good it felt to see the world through the lens. i kept seeing it as a chore and therefore not doing it, but a few weeks ago - a walk to the beach with camera in hand changed that. i saw the world with what felt like new eyes.
its good to see you picking up the camera. and taking time out for yourself. its not good that it came from a burned out perspective, but it is good your doing what you love, once again. xo