Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lately...








  • the days have been busy, the calendar is full
  • all the busyness has made these first two weeks of August pass by in a blur....and that's good.  
  • August is my least favorite month of the year...usually lingering entirely too long with it's heat and general icky feeling.
  • the boys will start playing their basketball games next week and couldn't be more excited.
  • the girls are begging for gymnastics lessons, but they're pricey, so I'm hoping that I'll come up with a creative way to entice them to choose The Young Runner's Club instead since it's much more affordable.
  • public schools will be in session once again next week....private schools have already begun.  
  • we homeschoolers are finally taking our break this month...a little vacation or, stay-cation, rather...but it really doesn't matter how far you go when you're talking about a a few days away at a waterfront house, lots of fishing and biking, and relaxation.








  • I need to spend some time ordering new math curriculum and getting registered for this upcoming school year
  • I need  to back up my iTunes library, copy some home movies onto dvd, clean out my photoshop files....why are these things SO hard to get in the mood to do?
  • I need to do some fall cleaning....washing curtains and blinds and windows, cleaning my bedroom carpet, painting the boys' bedroom and hall bathroom....this list could grow very quickly.
  • I need, I need, I need.....







But....today I'm going to:

  • make scrapbooks with the girls
  • read books with them
  • listen to the boys practice guitar
  • do something in my art journal
  • write in my journal
  • drink coffee
  • laugh
  • play
  • take pictures
  • load some film in my old Minolta
  • cook something delicious
  • wait for my hubby to get home from work...I miss him when he's gone
  • then we'll all play Phase 10
  • and laugh some more
  • and enjoy our time together.
.
.
.


2 comments:

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

love this post, sweet sandra. i love that you put the "i needs" aside to do more "i wants." we could all learn a lesson from that.

radiantreflections said...

your day sounded wonderful. i agree with keli ... i could learn a lesson from that. x