Friday, September 23, 2011

Farewell Summer




farewell summer

Farewell summer....

I'll miss your bright colors
and green leaves
and long days
and bare feet
and bare legs.
I'll miss the tomatoes
from the garden
and the color of the grass
and the sound of kids
in the swimming pool.



...

Hello autumn.
It is so good to see you again.

I can't wait to enjoy
your cool breezes
and campfires
and backyard tent camping.
I love having morning coffee on the porch
wrapped in a sweater to keep me warm.
I like thinking of the scarves
I'm planning to buy
and even the ones I'm planning to make
and old jeans to pull on again
and comfy socks and shoes
and pumpkins
and apples
and cocoa.

I'm so glad you're finally here.
You're my favorite, you know.

09 23 11_2824

2 comments:

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

sooo beautiful. i love fall, too. *sigh*

radiantreflections said...

that is so beautiful, Sandra!
so funny to think that we are welcoming the bare feet and bright colours! x