Tuesday, October 18, 2011

morning coffee

This morning:


  • there's decaf in the pot (yes, I successfully made the switch over the past couple of months!)
  • the house is still dark
  • the house is also super-quiet as the kids spent the night with my parents
  • fog is looming outside my window 
  • big temperature changes are on the way for us by this evening
  • I picked up my camera first thing this morning
  • I think I'll keep it around my neck today, for a change
  • the scale indicated a full twenty pounds are gone
  • the soft foggy light is the only thing illuminating my keyboard right now
  • I'm still wearing my pajamas
  • I'm hearing only the chirping of a bird
  • I'm feeling hopeful and positive
  • I'll have a couple of errands to run later this morning
  • one:  guitar lessons for the boys
  • two:  a trip to Fresh Market for some Lacinato Kale
  • I've been making my salads with that kale lately and it is absolutely the best, most satisfying salad ever.  I'll have to post about it soon.
  • I love how mornings are brand new and full of possibility about the day ahead.


2 comments:

radiantreflections said...

oh, sandra. so good to see you back in this space.
and it sounds like such good things have been going on - go you on the decaf! (and the scale telling you that you are doing great!)
xo

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

love your words (and pictures). we switched to decaf recently too...;)
and congrats on the 20lbs...that is incredible!!