Monday, November 21, 2011

Last week in details

bread baking
  • To start the week off I had to make a quick appointment with my dentist to have a  painful tooth checked. The tooth was cracked and the only treatment that might work is a $900 crown. Oy...I'm thinking extraction may be the better route.
  • We took a trip to the library to pick up some books for me and some for the kids.  Isaac is super interested in all things animal/zoo/wildlife right now, so we chose a good selection to get him started.
  • I read Lift by Kelly Corrigan on Tuesday afternoon...it was beautiful.
  • I bought myself a new pair of shoes.  Grey and pink.  They're happy shoes.
  • We had our usual guitar lessons on Tuesday, the instructor only had praise for the boys.  They're doing so well.
  • The girls had a yearly checkup on Wednesday. Claire was due for her immunizations and she was a little nervous.  When she stepped up to the eye chart, her little mind went blank and she couldn't remember her alphabet.  (All she could do was whisper to me that she was nervous and she was scared that she had forgotten.)  She did the symbol chart instead.  Poor thing.  
  • She was a trooper with her shots though.  She did so well.  (That's the part where this mama was nervous.)  All was made well with a treat from the doctor's treasure chest and lunch out together.
  • We had breakfast for dinner on Wednesday night and it was delicious.  I forget how easy that meal is in the evening.
  • I began reading This Beautiful Life on Wednesday evening and finished it Saturday.  It was a quick read, not really something that I normally pick, but a very interesting story nonetheless.
  • The girls put on a dance party for us in the living room on Thursday night.
  • The knitting needles and yarn were finally brought out and I began practicing a little before I formally begin a project.
  • Bread was baked.
  • An apple pie was made (and ice cream was scooped on top)

apple pie

  • Photos were framed and hung.
  • We spent time visiting my parents-in-law, relaxing on their deck while the kids played.
  • The boys got another haircut
  • We went bird shopping and then made a date to see more birds.  Isaac wants a cockatiel for Christmas, so we're looking.  :)

11 21 11_3753

  • Cancel that last entry....we bought the bird on Sunday afternoon.  And he is a handsome little guy. Early Christmas presents are great, right?  :)
  • The girls spent some time with their cousins and they all stayed the night at my parents' on Sunday.
  • While they were away, I began another book, This Life is in Your Hands.  I think this one will be pretty deep, reaching into places I'm not sure I want to go, but the whole story really caught my attention and I can't help but read it.
Zazu

11 21 11_3765

  • As for a name for our new feathered friend....Isaac was initially thinking Rio,but also mentioned Leo (which I think is adorable) and also Tiki and Zazu.  I think he's really liking Zazu right now, but he's still in the deciding mode it seems. We'll have to wait and see.  :)


1 comment:

amanda {the habit of being} said...

we had cockatiels growing up - they are pretty cute, aren't they? and thank you for the book recs...i'm always on the lookout for a good read :)