Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good Days

The weeks leading up to vacation were busy as well.  General summertime busyness including lots of friends and cousins here, eating, staying up very late at night, eating, playing outside, and eating some more.  In the midst of all that I found a bit of time to use my film camera, but still haven't developed my roll.  Procrastination.  It gets me every time.


This morning I spent time with my film camera.  It felt good to have it in my hands.



The girls and I had time out for lunch and a movie while the boys were doing their usual fishing with their dad.


Lunch out with the girls before we see today's matinee of Wizard of Oz at Playhouse in the Park.


They found these super cute little faux eye glasses.  They wore them a LOT at first, even slept in them,  but now, not so much.  As it goes.


The consolation prize for missing the sold out Wizard of Oz?  A guaranteed reservation for next Friday's performance, and seeing Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3.  Also, their new pretend glasses are really cute!  ;)


Time has been spent watching movies, those sappy little tv romances that I find I love to watch.  They're like mini-novels to find a quick escape in.


Hello, post-vacation Monday morning!  Let's make a grocery list and go to Target!


There have been beautiful late-summer sunsets, full of pink and gold and purple.


The sunset tonight was a spectacular, heavenly pink.  #nofilter


Little love letters are written almost daily and there has been no shortage of little girl kisses.  These girls are permanently attached at my hip lately and I'm perfectly okay with that.


Love letter from my girl.


Basketball has been practiced for several weeks, all leading up to last week's first game of the season.  I love that they gather together for a word of prayer before the game begins and that the coaches care about more than just the competition of the game. There is good stuff going on in that group of guys.


First game of the season is about to begin!


I had lunch with my mom at Olive Garden.  It was my first visit there in probably seven or eight years.  I have to say it was delicious!  I enjoyed the Zuppa Toscana soup so much that I came home and made a copycat version that totally lived up to the restaurant version.  Delicious.


Lunch date with my mom.


Homemade Zuppa Toscana and marinated Italian salad.  Leftovers from last night's dinner. Yum!


The girls and I also got to see The Wizard of Oz performed at our local theater.  I cannot say just how fantastic it was.  Amazing.  Electrifying.  Wonderful.  Colorful.  Perfect.

Theater time!


Incredible.


The girls even got to meet and greet some of the actors.  They especially loved the performances of the witches:  The Wicked Witch of the West and Glenda, the Good Witch of the North.  I wonder if you can tell just how Emma was glowing.  I mean, I thought the kid was going to spaz out from the excitement.  She is dying to be an actress now and is begging to sign up for an audition at the playhouse soon.  We'll just have to see....


With the Wicked Witch of the West!


With Glenda the good witch of the North!  We had the best time!


So, although I've not really been here at this little, neglected blog of mine, lots of life has been lived this summer and I've pretty much kicked back and took it all in. Good days, these.


No comments: