Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vacation Post

We've been back from our vacation for a week now.  It came and went so, so fast. All the moments of anticipation are now just collections of great memories.  We really had a staycation, choosing to go to neighboring Gulf Shores for a week of waterfront living and nonstop fishing and beaching.  It was wonderful and I was really sad to see it come to an end.

IMG_1420
*iPhone

01 01 05_6415


IMG_1464
*iPhone


After three months of shooting exclusively with my iPhone, I charged up the battery on my dslr and eased her out of her own vacation.  I loved having it in my hands again.  I loved seeing the difference manually shooting can make, it means hardly any adjustments to be made once the photos have been uploaded.  The iPhone is great for its ease of use and portability, but I had really missed my big girl camera.



Vacation f e e t


little bits


01 01 05_6365


fishing, again.



All the little bits and pieces are my favorite.  The tiny moments I don't ever want to forget.  The sun-kissed shoulders, the perfection of little bodies, the hands and feet, the chipped fingernail polish...



sun kisses


01 01 05_6338 1


kisses


.


on the dock.


01 01 05_6372.1


fishing.



01 01 05_6369 1


dip.





We fished and fished and fished some more.


waiting.



fishing


crab.


catfish


01 01 05_6353


Untitled


cast net


01 01 05_6414


IMG_1423
*iPhone

IMG_1442
*iPhone

IMG_1444
*iPhone

IMG_1530
*iPhone

IMG_1531
*iPhone

IMG_1473
*iPhone




IMG_1477
**This one was crooked....strange!  *iPhone

IMG_1628
*iPhone

IMG_1632
*iPhone





We had a fishing buddy, too.  He waited patiently every day to sample our catch.


IMG_1597
*iPhone

IMG_1600
*iPhone

our fishing friend


our fishing friend


our fishing friend.





We spent a little time out and about...


PicMonkey Collage 4
PicMonkey Collage



PicMonkey Collage 2



PicMonkey Collage 3





The girls and I spent a good bit of time out at the beach...


IMG_1499
*iPhone

PicMonkey Collage 5
PicMonkey Collage 6
PicMonkey Collage 7


PicMonkey Collage 8
*iPhone


IMG_1541
*iPhone

IMG_1581

 *Wasn't this the tiniest little hermit crab?   :)

IMG_1582
*both taken by iPhone



I love, most of all, the peace we all find as a family, by the water.  Nothing is as peaceful and fulfilling as watching the sun set across the way, the way twilight is reflected on the water's surface.



IMG_1513
*iPhone

IMG_1514
*iPhone

IMG_1515


IMG_1533

The way we come together and everything is just right, just as it should be, is the part I'm most blessed by when we're together like this.  This vacation was a perfect way for us to rejuvenate.  We all desperately needed it.  I really hated to see our vacation come to a close, and I'm still not quite ready to let summer go.  Although I am looking forward to Fall and to that familiar routine that seems to disappear during the summertime, I can say that  I have really loved summer this year.  Every single second.


every night


i love the water in the early evening


at twilight


1 comment:

imagesofmydailylife said...

Beautiful images! Looks like you had a wonderful time:)