Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Keeping it Real

IMG_2198[1]


Today has been a tough one for me.  It has been one of those days where, although I'm moving as quickly as I can, everything is still falling down around me, like I can't quite get a grip on any one task.  My temper has been short, the bathrooms need cleaning, the bedrooms are a mess, school work is turning into drudgery, the bills are were piled until I sat down two hours ago to pay them and that led to this blog post.

The kitchen, as you can see above, is a total disaster with books piled, research papers in progress, even more papers and books piled on the counters along with peppers to freeze, pumpkins to stuff in a couple of days, boxes of cereal and loaves of bread to put back in the pantry, flour stuck on the bar where the girls made their own version of playdoh. {And, I'm personally wanting to update the kitchen so badly I can hardly stand it.  New paint on both the walls and cabinets, no wallpaper, and new rugs.  But, that's another post.} I won't even mention how badly all.those.cabinets need to be scrubbed.

The dog needs to be bathed and clothes need to be washed, but I haven't even done one single load today.  Can I tell you about the monster dust bunnies swinging around on my ceiling fans?  Ugh.  Seriously, I'm scared to turn the blades off in fear of what might land on our heads.  The furniture is in need of dusting, too.  I can't even think about dinner right now, simple is the only thing that comes to mind.  Spaghetti, yes.

The day is winding down and I'm going to have to get a start on that spaghetti soon.    Or I may just sit down and cry.
And, say a prayer of gratefulness for all the things I do have.

And, wait for tomorrow.  And, begin again.





1 comment:

♥ Amy said...

Ah, we've all been there. Hugs to you. My solution? I write out a long list and present it to the kids. They each choose and work on a project, moving down the list, (some good music always helps) and then when it's all said and done, we relax in our clean(er) house with a game or movie together. They're great about it. It's important for moms to realize that we just can't do it all alone. While they are buzzing around me, I work on those projects (usually organizational) that only I can do. Families are a team and you have a great team! :)
I'm enjoying your more frequent posts!