Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

My husband works at his family's open-air farm market, selling everything from fresh fruits and veggies to gourmet items, fresh baked breads and pies, to seasonal items like flowers, ferns, and Christmas trees.  The season has been super-busy so far!









One of our favorite things is being able to get our fresh Christmas tree right off the big truck and bring it home, usually before Thanksgiving.  This year I really love the smaller tree that we ended up with - it fits so much more nicely in our narrow living room than those fatter trees.  Even though we got the tree a few days before Thanksgiving, it was only this past week that I found the inspiration to complete the decorating in the house.




This is where our yellow lab, Cooper, sleeps at night.  On the mornings cold enough to have a fire, he stays put until we force him outside.  I can't say I blame him.  





Cooper's not the only one who loves sleeping by the fireplace and the Christmas tree lights.  The girls have insisted on "camping out" in the living room nearly every night since we put up the tree.  I can't ever seem to tell them no.  With mornings like these, I don't mind the extra blankets and pillows and mattresses strewn across the floor.





I hope your Christmas holidays are just as full of beauty and peace.

xo


No comments: