Monday, February 3, 2014

Animal Girl


 My Emma is a lover of animals.  I mean, she lives and breathes them, every moment of every day.  She never shies away from even the dirty jobs of cleaning cages and  refilling food and water bowls. 












She also insists on very frequent visits to the pet store to look at birds just like the ones she has in her room and to hold the little hamsters and gerbils that she hasn't been able to talk me into yet.  She adores the ferrets even though I stand by a firm "no" on that one.






We started with one guinea pig last September and that very quickly escalated to having three.  It's all part of homeschooling, right?  (I'm very behind on introducing all of our new additions here on my blog.  I'll have to remedy that very soon!)  The notion of also getting a rabbit crossed their minds fairly quickly after we got the guinea pigs settled and I also said no to getting a rabbit.  That was - until I took the girls for a visit to the pet store and couldn't resist that sweet white bunny face staring back at me.  Now we have a bunny, too.  Not the one pictured above, that is just a sweet little bunny who was tempting me on our last trip to the pet store.  However, those three faces down below?  Yep, they're ours.  What can I say?  I'm as addicted to the sweetness of guinea pigs as my girls are. 




No comments: