Monday, March 17, 2014

Signs of Spring

Seeds are being started, the ground is being tilled.







Mocking birds have begun singing in the trees.








Azaleas are beginning to bloom, bulbs are pushing forth, and trees are showing color.








The afternoons are longer and the light is brightening.







Blue skies are making a more regular appearance.








After such a long and colder than normal wintertime, I am overjoyed to see these signs that tell me spring is nearly upon us.  I'm thankful for the lengthening days, for birdsong, for the smell of freshly turned soil, for seeds that will nourish us in the coming months, for the gentle spring rains that wash everything with life, and for the renewed energy I find within.  God's timing is perfect in every season.  For all these reasons and so many more, I am ever grateful.






No comments: