Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Chicks : This Week

At three and a half weeks old, the chicks are totally adorable as their feathers try to fill in and their personalities start to shine.










We're still keeping them inside under the warming lamps since our weather has been so cool this year.  We try to let them out in the new chicken tractor (mobile chicken coop) everyday to soak in the fresh air and sunshine.  I can't wait until it's consistently warm enough to put them outside permanently.  I'm sure they can hardly wait, too!



Personality-wise, these little hair-dudes make my day.  I'm pretty sure at least one of the two is a rooster.  They are funny to watch as they play around and grow out their little mop tops, which seem to grow longer by the day. 




Also, I can hardly wait until these girls start laying eggs sometime later this summer.  For now though, the cuteness will have to be enough. 


No comments: