Friday, August 14, 2015

Recently

Untitled


The harsh summer light is becoming more dappled and gentle.  I love when I notice this change.  And, I cannot wait for the temperature relief to soon follow. 






Untitled

Emma and me.



Untitled

Claire and me.





Untitled

These two boys of ours turned 17 a few weeks ago.  Unbelievable.  I'm so proud of them and the men they are becoming.  They are smart and hardworking and have helped us in immeasurable amounts with the family business that we're operating. 



Untitled

Speaking of family business, this one is a huge adjustment for me personally.  So many hours worked and long strings of days devoted to making everything work and meeting so many demands.  It is rewarding, but SO hard at the same time.  I'm getting to bake bread and make pies and sell them with much success, but honestly, I must say that I'd rather be baking at home in my own kitchen for my own family.  In the meantime, I'm searching for balance...



Untitled


Today's lunch:  shrimp and grits.  So good, I have no words.




Untitled

Across the table today at lunch - my sweet girls.



Untitled

Claire - in the Candy Cottage.




Untitled

Emma with her bag of goodies outside the Candy Cottage.  At the Candy Cottage we filled a bag with Amaretto Pecans, Double Dipped Malted Milk Balls, Rocky Road, Dark Chocolate Almonds, Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans, Dark Chocolate Mint Cosmic Bark, and Peanut Butter Fudge.  YUM!  Especially those Amaretto Pecans!

The last four photos were actually taken today, August 14, while visiting the Candy Cottage in Ocean Springs, MS.  That is such a nice little town in which to park the car on the side of the street and stroll around in all the unique shops.  We had a great day out and about and really enjoyed the small-town feel of Ocean Springs.  I especially loved the Marina Soap Cottage and their impressive amount of handmade soaps, lotions, creams, and goat's milk products.  I have been using their products for a month or so now and will never go back to traditional make-up counter products again.  I am so thankful for gentle, effective, and safe beauty products.  Their line of baby products are fantastic and would be great for a shower gift!



Beautiful morning sky.




It has been such a long time since I've taken the time to blog and keep up with what has been going on in our life.  Days, weeks, months, and years are very quickly disappearing and I feel like I haven't slowed my pace enough to appreciate all the moments.  I have made a personal decision to begin (even if just a little) again to document my dailiness, take more photos (with my good camera), do more of what makes me happy and not just work day and night.  I'm looking for balance and I hope to find it doing what I've always loved to do:  Take photos, document the blessings and the struggles, live more in the moment, appreciate it all, and make connections with friends along the way.

I miss it all. 



1 comment:

luksky said...

So glad to see your post. I have missed you in blog world! Your kids are absolutely beautiful. I also am looking forward to my favorite season too...fall. It's such a cozy, comforting time of year.